An Elastomeric Roof is a high-performance flexible roof coating that resists cracking and peeling. The durability of the liquid coating is designed to extend the life of an existing roof and is used on various roofs including metal, modified bitumen, BUR (Built Up Roof) and EPDM (an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane). Due to its elastic properties, it can stretch and return to its original shape without damage, ultimately keeping a building safe for years to come. The benefits and advantages of Elastomeric Roofing include the following:
- Excellent roof protection: Elastomeric can offer up to 25 solid years protection to your existing roof.
- Energy efficient: The reflective qualities of Elastomeric roofs keep your building cooler, reducing your energy costs by up to 25%, saving you money in the long run.
- The UV-rays resistant feature of the elastomeric coatings protects the roof from the destructive effects of the sun.
- The coating accomplishes a seamless, uniform surface that maintains its flexibility even when the temperature is low.
- The elastomeric coating does not add extra weight or “dead load” to an existing roof.